Back in the Saddle

 


The struggle is real. 

It's such an overused statement, but it gets right to the heart of what a challenge this journey is for me. 

As is always the case, I started out with the best of intentions and what I thought was the perfect amount of commitment. Then I used the first convenient excuse to go off the rails, and continued to stay off for most of October, November and December.

But all is not lost. As long as we're still breathing, there's time for a fresh start, and despite veering undeniably off course, I managed to accomplish something in the last few months. So I'm not exactly back to square one. By way of bringing my millions of readers up to speed, I offer the following data. 

Miles ridden in October: 103.5
Miles ridden in November: 75
Miles ridden in December: 65
Miles ridden so far in January: 23.4

Pounds gained since my last check in: 7
Net loss since October 1: 3.8

Since I last darkened the door of this blog, I also signed up for my first race of 2022, which will take place on March 26. Despite my hiatus, I still plan to be ready to crush those 36 miles of gravel, or at the very least improve my time from last year considerably.

And last but certainly not least, I had a birthday last week, during which I said hello to the last year of my 40s. I can't think of a better time to celebrate a renewed commitment to getting fit by 50. Over the weekend, I got back on the bike and now it's time to put aside my cocktail and raise my water bottle to toast new beginnings. Here's to getting back in the saddle!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 Months

Ramping Up

Week #1 Report